Pump up your tires and dust off your helmet, it’s National Bike Month. Combine that with one of the friendlier bike cities in the country, and we have a party in the Bluegrass. Bike Lexington is throwing a bash on Memorial Day, food, drink and live music included, just BYOB (bring your own bike). Here is a description from the event’s Facebook page:
- 10 AM. Fun Ride registration.
- 10 AM. Kids Bike Safety Rodeo.
- 11 AM. 10 mile Family Fun Ride
- 12 Noon. Mountain Bike Stunt Show.
- 1 PM. Downtown Bike Races.
“And, that is just the start. There will be music, food and drinks. Booths. There will be tall bikes, small bikes, fast ones and some that go very slow. There will even be one with a piano. Make a day of it with us.”